Information on Vein Problems
While the heart is the most active and important part of the circulatory system, veins also play an important role in blood circulation. Veins contribute to healthy circulation by keeping blood flowing in the right direction. Veins contain special one-way valves that prevent blood from flowing backwards or stagnating due to the force of gravity, which is crucial in areas like the legs where blood must fight gravity to return to the heart and lungs.
When the valves in your veins are not performing this function adequately, serious and painful vein problems arise:
- Varicose Veins: This is a common vein problem, especially among women, and can be very painful. Varicose veins affect half of all women and are caused by genetic factors along with pregnancy, menopause, aging, and standing for long periods of time. Vein specialist in Oklahoma City, Dr. Pedulla performs several highly effective, minimally invasive procedures to correct varicose veins permanently.
- Reticular Veins: These are enlarged blue or green veins beneath the skin’s surface that can be unsightly or embarrassing. Reticular veins are largely hereditary and do not typically lead to serious medical problems. Dr. Pedulla’s advanced techniques are proven to reduce the appearance of reticular veins for an excellent cosmetic improvement.
- Spider Veins: A less serious form of varicose veins, spider veins typically appear as thin, blue vessels near the surface of the skin. Dr. Pedulla is specially trained to perform sclerotherapy to cure spider veins.
- Perforator Veins: Perforator veins penetrate, or perforate, the muscle tissue of the legs. While not usually visible from the outside, problematic perforator veins are definitely noticeable, causing significant pain and discomfort. Dr. Pedulla uses the latest in technology and procedures to fix damaged perforator veins with minimal pain and almost no scarring.
- Deep Vein Problems: Fixing problematic veins deep within the legs or other body regions is very difficult for vein surgeons to accomplish without serious scarring and health risks. However, Dr. Pedulla’s decades of experience, including advanced cardiology and vein treatment, enable him to fix deep vein problems without invasive surgery.
At the Oklahoma Vein and Endovascular Center, you can expect “Ritz-Carlton” service and an incredibly comfortable and pleasant vein treatment experience. We are dedicated to complete patient satisfaction in both quality of service and impeccable results.
If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the above vein problems in Oklahoma, please contact the Oklahoma Vein and Endovascular Center, serving the community of Oklahoma City.
The pain in my knee has disappeared!
Dr. Pedulla is my physician and recommended to me that I have a medical procedure on my varicose veins in my right leg. Those veins had become extremely large and painful, especially in the right knee. I consented to the procedure and the varicose veins have completely disappeared. Dr. Pedulla had told me they were the largest veins he had ever seen. I am grateful to Dr. Pedulla and would recommend him and the procedure to anyone suffering from painful varicose veins.
They treat patients with sincere kindness.
I am the mother of six and married to a physician who recommended me to seek out Dr. Pedulla's expertise. I had a problem with varicose veins in my left leg becoming worse after the delivery of my twin boys. I am an avid runner and cyclist and the constant weight bearing and pounding also caused my veins to worsen in appearance. I became more self conscious about wearing shorts and skirts. Dr. Pedulla performed procedures on my upper and lower leg and the results have been amazing that I am now perfectly comfortable in shorts, skirts and bathing suits! I also receive compliments on how good my legs look after having six children. Best of all, I was walking on a treadmill within a week, and running 5 to 6 miles a day after three weeks. I highly recommend Dr. Pedulla.
Thank You Dr. Pedulla!
I knew it was time to do something about my varicose veins when we were at the lake and one of my young daughter's friends asked me what was wrong with my legs. I had heard of "stripping" but that did not sound like any fun at all so I did not do anything until my wife saw Dr. Pedulla on a local newscast. She told me he had a different way to deal with varicose veins so I made an appointment. I liked what Dr. Pedulla told me and had laser therapy on both my legs in 2005. The result has been fantastic! I wear shorts as often as possible and don't worry about my previously unsightly legs. I would have done it earlier if I had known it was so pain free.
Why wait? Contact us today for a free consultation!
If you believe you may be a candidate for vein treatment in Oklahoma City, please contact the Oklahoma Vein and Endovascular Center today to schedule your first free consultation.